In this section we have added information about how we support, identify and assess children with SEND at Acre Rigg Academy. Please access this information from the page links below.
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.
Statement of Intent for Supporting Equality and SEND
At Acre Rigg Academy we are committed to equality. We aim for every pupil to fulfil their potential no matter what their background or personal circumstances. Our School is committed to anti-discriminatory practice to promote equality of opportunity and valuing diversity for all children and families.
We aim to:
- Provide a secure and accessible environment in which all our children can flourish and in which all contributions are considered and valued;
- Include and value the contribution of all families to our understanding of equality and diversity;
- Provide positive non-stereotyping information about gender roles, diverse ethnic and cultural groups and disabled people;
- Improve our knowledge and understanding of issues of anti-discriminatory practice, promoting equality and valuing diversity; and
- Make inclusion a thread that runs through all of the activities of the school.
Looked After Children
Provision for looked after children is managed within school with careful liaison with the Virtual School Service. Outcomes for their provision are linked to outcomes on their PEP plan and this is funded through the use of pupil premium expenditure.