The SEND children attending our school are aged 7-11 years so consulting with them to seek their views about how we are meeting their needs has to be age appropriate, especially when many often have communication difficulties.
We use the following strategies:
- Have regular meetings and discussions with parents about what we have planned for their child and how to link this with interests and passions demonstrated at home;
- Make close observations during school to identify the types of activities and experiences that most engage each child so these can be developed further and be used inform future planning
- Involve SEND children with planning their own activities and encouraging them to share what they would like to learn and participate with;
- Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Parents and Children consulted with regards to outcomes set in support plans;
- Pupils view sought through termly pupil voice questionnaires;
- Extend any resources that they show a preference for;
- Most importantly, ensure the children with SEND are happy, motivated and make progress throughout their time in school.
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.