At Acre Rigg Academy we consult with a wide range of agencies and partnerships to ensure the pastoral, medical and social needs of SEND children are met.
We work closely with the following professionals in order to provide the highest level of support for pupils with SEND.
- Local Authority Special Educational Needs Inclusion Team
- Colloborative work through Durham Communities of Learning and the Peterlee Partnership
- Durham Educational Psychology Service
- Peterlee One Point Hub
- Health Agencies, particularly School Nurse Service.
- Central Durham Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS)
- Speech and Language Therapists
- Autism and Social Communication Team
- Cognition and Learning Team
- Behaviour Support Services / Crisis Response.
- Future Steps - OT
- Equalities Team
- EAL Team
- Sensory Team
- Social Workers through core group meetings and Team Around the Family meetings
- School Parent Support Advisor
- Family Emotional Health and Well-being Worker
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities-County
- Occupational Therapy
- Medical Practitioners
- Young Carers
- Youth Offending Service
- Butterwick Hospice (Bereavement/Terminal Illness)
- School Counsellor / Barnados /Butterwick
- EP Consultants
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.